[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] May Potomac Chapter Meeting and June 1 Auction

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Tue May 7 15:39:36 UTC 2024

Hello Members, Friends, and Colleagues,

Tomorrow evening, we are holding our May 2024 Potomac chapter meeting at Saint George's Episcopal Church, 915  North Oakland Street, Arlington VA. As you probably know, Patrick Hope, the patron for HB516, the prescription accessibility law will be joining us.

He will be with us at 7:00 P.M.

A large in person participation is expected. However, if you are unable to  join us, as usual, we will be available on Zoom. Please be on Zoom by 6:50 P.M. I will put the Zoom information at the bottom of this message.

I also want to remind everyone that our Northern Virginia homecoming and Auction takes place on Saturday June  1 at the Lion Village Community House, 1920 North Highland Street, Arlington Virginia. Proceedings begin at 2:30 P.M. and it ends at 5:30 P.M. This is a great time to renew acquaintances, enjoy entertainment, and have the fun of a great auction to help a great cause, the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.

We have developed a form for use when soliciting gift cards or merchandise from merchants you often do business with. Please try to provide one or two itembe for our auction. I will include this form as an attachment to this email. Also I am bringing 40 printed solicitation forms to tomorrow's meeting. Two additional auction/home-coming forms are attached.

Finally, please go to www.nfbv.org/auction<http://www.nfbv.org/auction> to record the  items you receive.

If you are unable to obtain your merchant's donation when the merchant agrees to give it to  you, please have  them send it to me or contact me to obtain it.

John Halverson, 810 22nd ST S, Arlington, VA 22202.
Home: 703-379-1141
Mobile: 703-867-6400
Email: jwh100 at outlook.com

See you tomorrow.

John Halverson,  Ph.D., Corresponding Secretary, Potomac Chapter

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

 Telephone Dial: tel:6468769923
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile