[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] Chapter Updates: Important Changes

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 04:40:33 UTC 2017

Greetings Chapter Members

I am so excited to begin working with all of you in this new year. I am
writing to update you all on changes that have been made to the meeting
times and length. Starting at this month's meeting on Monday, January 23,
2017, the chapter meetings will be 2 hours long. The meetings will begin at
6:30pm and end at 8:30pm. There are a few reasons for this decision:

1.       There has been a concern that the meeting was not long enough to
get all the required information out to members. To assure all important
information is covered each month, an increase in the length of the meeting
will give people a chance to ask questions and fully understand what is
being presented.

2.       With the issue of dwindling available JC drivers occurring last
year, pushing the meeting to 6:30pm allowed for the members that ride Care
to catch a ride to the center in case their driver cannot provide
transportation. This both takes a load off the JC's for trying to
accommodate all of us and allows for the freedom of choosing what time to
arrive to the Library Resource Center.

3.       There are members that have children, spouses, or long travel and
if we would have extended the length of the meeting while keeping it at 7pm
they would get home very late. Likewise, their drivers would get home even
later. With the time being moved up, both parties hopefully achieved a
longer meeting and still can get home at a reasonable time.

Please keep in mind that the meetings will still be on the 4th Monday of
each month, except for this month because of Washington seminar. These
changes were made because of feedback about things I was told would be
welcomed. I asked during the Christmas dinner if anyone was interested in
giving some feedback on what they would like to see happen in the New Year
and the length of the meetings and time it began were the overwhelmingly
popular changes that were voiced. The new time and length will, of course,
take some adjusting to, but I am sure that it is not impossible to manage.
If there is ever a true problem with these changes, feel free to pull me
aside or call me at 804 200 3275 to discuss them further and find a
solution. I look forward to speaking with you all at our next meeting.

Blessings

Robert Parsons

President, Richmond Chapter

www.nfbv.org