[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] 2017 NFB Richmond Chapter Picnic

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 19:58:08 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon Chapter Members

I hope you all are well. I am writing to recap the discussion we had about
the picnic at last night's meeting. The picnic, as I stated last night, is
the chapter's way of saying thank you to the JC drivers that have assisted
so many of us with transportation to our meetings in the last year. We have
confirmed that the picnic will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2017 from
the hours of 3pm until 7pm. If you have not done so already, please contact
Susan Roe to request a ride to or from the park. If you are independently
travelling to the picnic, the address is 3600 Saunders Avenue, Richmond, VA
23227.

I began creating a list of items that our members are bringing to the
picnic. If you have not done so already, please contact me via phone or
email to let me know what item you are donating. I have listed the items
already being provided below. I am personally requesting all members to
bring an item so that food and beverage is plentiful. If you are a member
that has taken a ride with a JC driver, it would be a testament of your
gratitude for the ride(s) you have taken to assist in making this event
enjoyable. The chapter will be providing Fried Chicken for the picnic, so
the main necessities include side items, drinks, and desserts. If you are
bringing a dish, please brings serving utensils.

List of Confirmed Donated Items:

Pasta Salad

Fried Chicken

Deviled Eggs

Macaroni and Cheese

Water

Plastic Ware

Shrimp Cocktail

Baked Beans

Swedish Meatballs

If you cannot make the picnic but would still like to donate something,
please email me or call me and someone can pick the item up and transport it
to the park. I hope to see all of you at the picnic.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass