[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] 2018 NFBV State Convention

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 12:13:30 UTC 2017

Good Morning Chapter Members

I hope this email finds you all well. I am writing to update you all on the
location of the 2018 state convention. As you may know, there were
discussions about the convention for next year being held in Richmond, with
us serving as the host chapter. Joe Oroscoe and Earl Everett did their very
best to find a location that was economically feasible and met all the
required specifications for our convention, but the lowest package they
could find would charge attendees $99 per night. Though the 60th Anniversary
is an event that should be rightfully celebrated in the affiliate's first
chapter, our state affiliate president, Tracy Soforenko, brought pragmatism
to the table when he explained that he was pretty sure that attendance would
be low if the cost per night was that high. For the greater good of the
affiliate, Tracy and Joe have requested that the convention be held in
Fredericksburg, whose location is quoting $79 per night for our convention
next year. I understand that this news is not the happiest, but it is the
most realistic decision we could make with the cards we were dealt. I hope
that our members will understand this decision and help us make the 60th
Anniversary of the NFBV one of the most memorable weekends ever.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass