[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] FW: Walk with the Blind in Carytown

Mark W. Roane markwroane at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 01:24:22 UTC 2017

From: Melody Roane [mailto:lindseyroanem1 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2017 8:56 PM
To: markwroane at gmail.com
Subject: Walk with the Blind in Carytown

Hello everyone,

We are just four days away from our biggest fundraiser of the year, and I
can't wait to see all of you there!  This will be a great opportunity for us
to show the world that we can and do live the lives we want, and blindness
does not have to stop us from taking an active role rather than a passive
one in our community.

Once again, the Carytown merchants have gone above and beyond by providing
awesome door prizes which we will draw for at the beginning of the walk.

Remember, for each of you who raises $500 for the walk, Mark and I will host
you and a guest at a dinner party which will take place at our home.

Let's make this year's Walk with the Blind event the biggest and best ever!
See you in the Kroger parking lot located at 3507 West Cary Street where we
will begin the walk promptly at 10:00.

I am including below a sample e-mail which I am sending to friends
requesting their sponsorship for the walk.  Please feel free to use any of
this e-mail which you think may be helpful in your fundraising efforts.
Here is the e-mail:

Hi Henry and Claudia,

I hope you are doing well.

This Saturday, October 14, 2017, Mark and I will be participating in the 7th
annual "Walk with the Blind" event sponsored by the Richmond Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia and we would love for you to
join us.  The walk begins at 10:00 in the Kroger parking lot located at 3507
West Cary Street in the heart of Carytown.

The goal of the "Walk with the Blind" is to raise awareness of the
capabilities of blind people and to raise funds to support the projects of
our organization.

In the past we have helped sponsor Braille enrichment programs for blind
children, provided mentorship to blind youth and provided Peer support,
information and encouragement to recently blinded adults.

If you are unable to join us this Saturday, you can still help.  My personal
goal for this year is to raise at least $500 and I am asking you to help me
reach this goal by sponsoring me in the walk.  Tax deductible donations may
be sent to NFB of Virginia, 3230 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA  23221.

Thank you for your support.  Together, we will change what it means to be
blind.

Have a great day!

Melody Roane