[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] Selecting Menu Items for Christmas Dinner

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 15:35:03 UTC 2017

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that you are all well on this blessed Sunday. I am writing because I
have to push the importance of squaring away the menu and payment option for
our annual Christmas dinner. To do this, I am giving you the chance to act
on determining what we will be eating at the event. The way that this goes
is that the dinner will be buffet style. Based off the items that are being
presented, we must create our holiday menu. I have listed the menu items
below for you all to choose from. What we will do then is relay what we want
back to the restaurant and they will prepare it for our meal. Before we get
into any of that, I'll quickly restate the facts of the event:

1.	Our annual Christmas dinner will take place on Monday, December 11,
2017 from 6pm-8:30pm.
2.	The dinner will take place at Momma Jay's banquet hall, located at
415 N. 1 Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
3.	Due to the party being the size it is, the check will have to be
paid on one card. This means that your payment for your plate must be paid
to our Treasurer, Mark Roane, by our November chapter meeting. To calculate
how much the meal will be per person, I am going to need you all to send me
a private email letting me know that you are attending the dinner by Friday,
November 3.  This way, I can have an idea for the number of attendees and be
able to calculate the JC drivers into this equation. Please sign up if you
are sure you are coming.

Below are the items we can choose from to make our holiday dinner menu. Take
some time to choose which of these you want to see on the menu for the
holiday meal. After I have gotten responses for what we want to eat, I will
alert you of what has been chosen and place the order with Gerald, who will
speak with the restaurant. You have until Friday, November 3 to inform me of
what you'd like to see on the menu. Remember, our minimum is $350 as a
group, so depending on how much or how little we add to the menu will
determine the price per person. Call me at 804.801.7674 or email me at
rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>  if you have any
concerns.

Menu Items

Salad

Garden Salad

Seafood Salad

Tuna Salad

Caesar Salad

Potato Salad

Chef Salad

Chicken Salad

Meat

Fried Chicken

Baked Chicken

Crab Cakes

Catfish

Chicken Tenders

Chicken Wings

Pork Chops (Fried or Smothered)

Beef Tips

BBQ Spare Ribs

Fried Shrimps

Fried Trout

Catfish Nuggets

Side Items

Mashed potatoes

Macaroni and Cheese

Rice

Candied Yams

French Fries

Cole Slaw

Vegetables

Collard Greens

Green Beans

Steamed Cabbage

Sandwiches

Catfish Sandwich

Crab cake Sandwich

Hamburger

Veggie Burger

Turkey Burger

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Desserts

Peach Cobbler

Bread Pudding

Ice Cream

Beverages

Coffee

Hot Tea

Lemonade

Soft Drinks

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass