[NFBV-Seniors] possibilities fair Items for distribution 11 11 20.docx

nancyyeager542 at comcast.net nancyyeager542 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 19:35:59 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone,

At long last, attached and below is the list of items we virtually shared
during the NFB of Virginia Senior Seminar. It took longer than I expected
because we found a few more venders and wanted to add them to the list.

I hope you find something of interest for yourself or someone else.

If you're looking for an item or vender that isn't on the list,  we might be
able to help you find it. - no guarantees, though.

stay well and safe.

Nancy Yeager

President, NFBV Seniors Division

Nancyyeager542 at comcast.net <mailto:Nancyyeager542 at comcast.nety>

Cell:  703-283-2524

Home:  703-812-0953

A LITTLE HELP FROM A GADGET

PRESENTED AT THE NFBV SENIORS SEMINAR

2020 NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF VIRGINIA Convention

Talking blood pressure monitor:  CHOICEMMED Blood Pressure Monitor with
large high contrast display and Talking Function.  Available from:

Amazon $35.

NFB Independence Market- (410) 659-9314 EXT, 3.

Product and price may differ.

Concord Talking Pulse Oximeter for the Visually Impaired:  Features high
contrast display and talking function, including oxygen and pulse rate
levels.

Available from:

www.concordhealthsupply.com. <http://www.concordhealthsupply.com.%0d>

Currently out of stock.

Talking Scale:  Taylor Electronic Glass Talking Bathroom Scale, 440 Lb.
Capacity
Available from:

Amazon $45.

NFB Independence Market, (410) 659-9314 EXT, 3.

Model and price may differ.

Dexcom Continuous Diabetes monitor:  Dexcom will beep when sugar level is
too high or too low.

Available from:

Dexcom - 1-800-787-6331

Available through Medicare; (your doctor should make referral)

scripTalk:  Medication identification system:

Pharmacist attaches a special label on prescription bottle.  Place bottle on
the ScripTalk device to hear the prescription information.

Free.

Available from:

Envision America 1-800-890-1180

Braille plastic measuring cups and spoons: cups and spoons are slightly
elongated with a small spout on one end to aid in pouring.

Available from:

Amazon Braille Store

NFB Independence Market (410)659-9314 EXT, 3.

Model and price may differ.

No contact talking forehead thermometer:

Available from:

Amazon:
<https://www.amazon.com/YUIKIO/b/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_21424972011?ie=UTF8&node=214
24972011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=YUIKIO>  YUIKIO Forehead Talking
Thermometer:  $30.

NFB Independence Markit:  (410)659-9314 EXT, 3.

Blind Mice Mega Mall.com.  Blind Mice Order Center: 866 922-8877.

Talking aural thermometer:

When placed against the ear, thermometer will speak your temperature.

available from:

NFB Independence Market - (410)659-9314 EXT, 3.

Models and prices may differ.

Pen Friend:  Recording system for labeling items including food and other
containers, paperwork, clothes etc.

available from:

NFB Independence Market:  410-659-9314 EXT, 3.

Tactile Marking Dots:  for appliances and other items around the house.

Available from:

NFB Independence Market:  (410) 659-9314 EXT, 3.

Tactile Tape Measure:

Available from:

NFB Independence Market (410) 659-9314 EXT, 3.

Braille pill organizer:  various sizes and configurations.

Available from:

Walgreens, CVS, and other venders.

Audible Liquid level indicator:

Available from:

NFB Independence Market, (410) 659-9314 EXT,  3.

I.D. Mate audible Bar code reader:

Scans bar codes and speaks the information from them.

Available from:

Envision America

1-800-890-1180.

price:  $1,300.