[NFBV-Winchester] Open meaning to all! Diversity and inclusion

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:43:41 UTC 2021

Chapter members,
I am sharing this invitation from the National Center diversity and inclusion. Please join. Information is below.

Hello all,

                The Diversity and Inclusion committee invites everyone to join an open meeting taking place on March 8th. It will be between 8-10 Eastern time. The agenda and zoom information is below.

Agenda:

8:00 pm – Welcome and Opening Remarks | Shawn Calloway, Co-Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee

8:05 pm – The Commitment to Proactively Prioritizing Diversity and Inclusion | Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind

8:15 pm – Introduction from Our New Talent Hire Coordinator | Janice Glenn Kershaw

8:20 pm - Highlighting Our Collective Efforts

Moderator: Colin Wong, Co-Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee with participation from

Deaf/Blind Division, LGBTQAI+ Group, African-American Group, Latin X, Asian and Pacific Islander group, and middle East and North Africa (MENA) group

9:00 pm - Open ‘chat with host’ functionality to field specific questions from attendees.

9:15 pm – Update from Our Survivor Task Force | Daphne Mitchell, Member, Survivor Task Force

9:25 pm – Capturing Our Authentic Experiences in Writing | Gary Wunder, Editor, Braille Monitor

9:30 pm – Open Forum for Q/A

10:00 pm – Adjourn

National Federation Of The Blind Of The District Of Columbia Washington, DC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Diversity and inclusion open call

Time: Mar 8, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/91916826148

Meeting ID: 919 1682 6148

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,91916826148# US (Washington DC)

+13126266799,,91916826148# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

       +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

       +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

       +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

       +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

       +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

       +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

       +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 919 1682 6148

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aoTuDxIGp

Join by Skype for Business

https://zoom.us/skype/91916826148

From: <s.colin.wong at gmail.com>

Respectfully submitted,

National Diversity and Inclusion Committee

goto http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/chrisvinson1%40gmail.com

Chris Walker
President  Winchester Chapter,
Diversity and Inclusion Co-Chair
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
540.303.0080
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want