[NFBV-Winchester] September, 2021 meeting minutes

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 17:47:46 UTC 2021

Hi again Chris,

Must be getting old.  Forgot to attach the minutes.  Here they are.

Jim

MINUTES OF THE WINCHESTER
CHAPTER OF THE N.F.B.

September 18, 2021

The meeting was called to order by President Chris Walker at 10:00 AM.
including phone attendees, there were 14Members present .

We did have three guests, Bill Emos, Jim Taylor and Dorthry Fontaine.
We gave them a brief overview of the NFB.

Wayne Williams led our members in the NFB Pledge.

We had an Ice-breaker minute, introducing ourselves.  We were asked to
tell our favorite candy, that didn't contain chocolate or peanut
flavoring.

Janet Lincoln read the minutes from the June meeting.  They were
approved as read.

Jim Walker gave the Financial Report for August.  It was approved.

Wayne gave us a report on how we could up-grade our communications
with our over-the-phone members.  After discussion, we chose to go for
the most advanced system to use during the meetings.  It was more
powerful than the cheaper models, and we thought it would be worth the
extra money.  A motion was made by Jacki, seconded by Dan for this
purchase, and it passed.

Chris reminded us it was time for the election of Chapter officers.
Except for electing Wayne Williams as our new Vice-President, all the
previous officers were re-elected by acclamation.  Sad to say we still
needed a Corresponding Secretary due to Charlie Brown's passing away.

Chris said the Lions Club had contacted him about a ribbon Cutting
celebration opening the Winchester Sensory Trail.  They encouraged our
members to show up at this event on September 26.  Chris will send out
more information as he gets it.

We talked briefly about the NFBV State Convention.  this one was to be
an in-person event, but because of the resurgence of the Pandemic, the
in-person part was dropped.  The whole event would now be via the Zoom
platform.  Chris would see that we got the info on this as soon as he
did.

Realizing we were nearly out of time, we discussed the "Walk with a
Blind Person," event, scheduled for October 9Th.  It is to be part of
the "Meet the blind," month, which has been changed to "blind
Achievement Month."  We were leaning toward having a table on the
Loudoun Street Walking Mall, But rejected this idea.

Jacki talked about the Silverbell Project.  It is coming together
nicely.  The main concern at the moment, is finding folks willing to
volunteer to help.  she will keep us informed.

The meeting adjourned at around 11:27 AM.

Respectively submitted,
Jim Green
Recording Secretary

Chris Vinson-Walker, President  Winchester Chapter
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
540.303.0080
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org Find us on Facebook
Winchester Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
Follow us on Twitter
⁨NFBVWinchesterChapter⁩