[NFBV-Winchester] Update on Jim Walker's bypass surgery

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 08:13:04 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,
I'm writing to give you an update regarding Jim's triple bypass heart surgery. On Friday morning he went in around 9:20 AM. He got out around 2 PM and was set up to critical care.
Unfortunately Jim's blood pressure went up really high and they had to resuscitate him and give him blood and take him back down to the operating room. One of the stitches had burst it.
He spent the next couple of hours in surgery and then finally the doctor came out and let us know what it happened. Yesterday, Saturday I went to visit Jim and they were taking him off the breathing tube.
He was able to talk and I spent the day with him with my niece.  This morning bright and early on Sunday on Christmas day. I will be going to visit him later on this afternoon.
That's the current update right now everybody. Please have a merry Christmas and a happy holiday and I will talk to y'all soon.

Chris Walker
President, Winchester Chapter
540.303.0080
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com

www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org

Find and like us on Facebook:
National Federation of the blind Virginia Winchester Chapter

Find us on Twitter:
Winchester Chapter NFB of Virginia

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.