[NFBV-Winchester] Fwd: 2023 MG Car Club Braille Rallye, September 23, 2023

James Shobert jrshober at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:38:46 UTC 2023

Hello NFB Family,

Response needed. Please read entire emailL

I wanted to send a quick message to wish everyone a happy labor day weekend
and two share two pieces of information:

1) I am forwarding an email from the Alexandria chapter wherein there is an
event fast approaching to go for a drive in a classical car. Its an event
for the blind and low vision in Fairfax, on September 23. Blind riders are
tasked with giving the driver direction with (audio, braille, or large
print text). If you are interested in participating, please contact the
host: Tom Renda, email:  thomasdrenda at gmail.com.

2) We talked about doing a chapter picnic this month. I apologize for
letting this fall through the cracks. I would still like to do this picnic
if the chapter is interested. We discussed doing it at the sensory trail in
Jim Barnett park. Maybe on a saturday or sunday. Bring your own food (i
would be happy to supply water) or maybe we could take orders and pick up
JImmy Johns or something. Please respond if you're interested.

James Shobert
VIce president
NFB Winchester Chapter