[NFBWA-Students] NFB of WA State Convention Job Seeker Seminar Information

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Tue Oct 19 23:28:53 UTC 2021

Job Seeker Seminar
NFB of WA State Convention
November 5, 2021
10:00am – 1:00pm

Join us for our annual Job Seeker Seminar at our NFB of Washington
State Convention. We have a great line up of presenters that will
share their experiences, wisdom and resources.

To register for our convention just go to:
https://nfbw.org/convention.html

Our agenda for the morning is:
10:00 Opening and welcome
President NFBW Marci Carpenter
NFB National Representative Marc Maurer
Coordinator Kris Colcock

10:15 – 10:45
Elsa Sjunneson - a Deafblind author and editor whose fiction and
nonfiction writing has been praised as “eloquence and activism in
lockstep" and has been published in dozens of venues around the world.
Winner of Hugo, Aurora, and BFA awards. When she isn't writing, she
works to dismantle structural ableism and rebuild community support
for disabled people everywhere. Her debut memoir, Being Seen: One
Deafblind Woman's Fight to End Ableism, releases in October of 2021
from Tiller Press.
https://www.snarkbat.com/about

10:50 – 11:20 Technology and Employment Panel Discussion
Mike Mello
Jamal Mazrui
Jessie Lorenz

11:20 – 11:30 Break

11:30 – 12:00 Career Connect
Richard Rueda - APH CareerConnect Content Lead

12:00 – 12:30 NFB Direct
Dick Davis – Chairperson NFB Employment Committee

12:30 – 1:00 What Experience Do You Have?
Kris Colcock – Facilitator
An open discussion of what experience to put on your resume.
Experience is not just from employment but from life and volunteer
work. Let’s talk about how to incorporate this experience on your
resume to show off your full potential.

Topic: NFBW State Convention – Job Seeker Seminar
Time: November 5, 2021 10:00am – 1:00pm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83786211059?pwd=ZzVac1JxeWlGYXBmWEp2bjVBMHpTQT09

Meeting ID: 837 8621 1059
Passcode: 769938
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83786211059#,,,,*769938# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,83786211059#,,,,*769938# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)