[nfbwatlk] Diane McGeorge E-mail Reminder-Washington Seminar

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 09:08:34 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:JMcCarthy at nfb.org>McCarthy, Jim
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 3:27 PM
Subject: Diane McGeorge E-mail Reminder-Washington Seminar

Fellow Federationists:

             The following message comes from Diane McGeorge who organizes

  much of the logistics of Washington Seminar.

             The time is growing closer than you might think.  Our
2009 Washington Seminar will run from Sunday, February 8 to
Wednesday, February 11.  "Please get your reservations in as soon as
possible."  Our deadline for hotel reservations is January 5, 2009,
which is only about one month off.

             Following is the information which I need to have to
assure you of a room at the Holiday Inn.  The address of the Holiday
Inn Capitol is 550 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20024.

1.      First of all I will need to have the names of the persons in
the room.  Please spell the first and last name of each person if you
make the reservation by phone.  You may do so by calling:  (303)
778-1130, extension 219, or email (see below); and

2.      I will need to have your arrival date and departure date.  If
people are sharing the room and their arrival and departure dates are
different from yours, please be sure to indicate that; and

3.      I will need to know if you wish a smoking or a non-smoking
room.  Also, if you have any special requirements, please
advise.  For example, if you require an accessible room, please
include that information.  If you wish to have a roll-away bed in the
room, please let me know.  If you request a roll-away bed, there will
be an additional $15 charge per night; and

4.      If you make your reservation by phone, and if you have an
e-mail address, please leave that address so that we may send you
confirmation that your reservation was received and processed.  If
you have no e-mail address, then please leave a telephone number so
that I may call you back with a confirmation.

             You may make your reservations by e-mail by sending your
request to Lisa Bonderson.  Lisa's address
is:  <mailto:lbonderson at cocenter.org>lbonderson at cocenter.org.  Either
Lisa or I will send you a confirmation.

             The hotel rates are $154 per night for single, double,
triple, or quad.  There is an additional 14.5% hotel tax each
night.  When you check in you must be prepared to cover at least the
first night of your stay with either a credit card or check; and then
arrange to pay the balance by presenting a credit card or writing a
check for the remainder of the cost.

             If state delegations will be paying for members with one
check or one credit card, please advise Ed Cruz in the Holiday Inn
Capitol accounting department prior to your arrival and he will make
special arrangements for your delegation.  It is also very advisable
to supply to Mr. Cruz a list of the names of persons your delegation
may plan to cover.

             It would also be advisable for you to supply me with the
same list prior to arrival so that we will all be on the same page
and this will lessen problems.  Mr. Cruz has always been very helpful.

             Remember please, the deadline is January 5, 2009.  There
will be a number of special meetings during the seminar and you will
want to watch the NFB Website for special announcements.  The Great
Gathering-In meeting will be held on Sunday, February 8, at 5
p.m.  You certainly don't want to miss that.

             I hope this answers all of your questions.  I look
forward to seeing all of you in D.C. in February.

             Have a blessed holiday season.

Diane McGeorge

DM/wb