[nfbwatlk] Get Well Cards for Dick Edlund

Fri Nov 7 16:26:49 UTC 2008

Fellow Listers:

John Thomson from Kansas has been keeping me informed that long time NFB
treasurer Richard Edlund has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks.
I have also talked with Pela(sp), Dick's significant other. They say he
went into ICU with difficulty breathing.  He was put on a ventilator for
several days, and has come off of oxygen lately.  He is now on dialysis.
He may need some heart-valve repair surgery, which will most likely be
outpatient surgery.  He seems to be progressing back to health.  He is,
after all, 83 years old now.  I guess he's a little down because of all
of this, as we can certainly understand.

I'd like to get this message to as many lists as possible.  Dick has
been a long time supporter of sheltered shop employees, venders, and
worked with all of us in the NFB for years on many significant and
valuable issues.  Besides, he's just a great guy all around.  Even
before the internet, he was (and still is) one of the best joke tellers
ever.

John  has asked that we send Dick get well cards.  I know that E-mail is
easier, but a well placed print card to his home address would certainly
help in this case.  This would show our real support, thoughts and
prayers to an important figure in the history of the NFB.

His address is:  Dick Edlund

6734 Montana Court

Kansas City Kansas, 66111.

I consider Dick a good friend, and I will be honored to do this for him.
Hope others will as well.

Thanks very much.

Bennett Prows