[nfbwatlk] olarships, scholarships, scholarships

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 23:51:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

Well, we all make mistakes and I have made some big ones, but this one
kinda tops stuff right now. In my review and summarization of the
convention, I forgot to mention the scholarships. Before the end of
the banquet, Rita thanked the scholarship committee and announced the
scholarship winners. The committee members were Rita Szantey as chair,
Ben Prows, Don Mitchell, Marty Cartwright and Maria Bradford. They had
the difficult job of deciding who would receive the two NFBW
scholarships. The bellingham Chapter President, Jennifer Murke won the
Hazel Tenbrook scholarship and Brooke from WSSB won the Beverly Prws
scholarship. This is a very important part of our convention.
Rewarding those who have acheived excellence while attending school is
an important part of the mission of the NFBW. So this was an error on
my part and not an intentional slight to those who received the
scholarships and to those who worked on the committee.

Congratulations to all!

Kris Lawrence

P.S. See, Rita... I did it... I fixed it... I'm sorry... (she's from
Chicago after all!) <g>