[nfbwatlk] looking for assistance for friend with ALS

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Nov 17 03:05:00 UTC 2008

I remember years ago that certain augmented communications devices that
had keyboards to put in phonemes were built; at that time, they used
DECtalk synthesizers from Boston Childrens' Hospital. I'm thinking of
the sort of thing Steven Hawkings uses although he uses some sort of
light pen rather than a keyboard since his disease is far, far along.

Mike Freeman