[nfbwatlk] Fw: CNN Breaking News

carl jarvis carjar at olypen.com
Thu Oct 30 15:45:42 UTC 2008

Lauren,
Like you, I sort of leaned toward Florida.  But our Jamie getting a World
Series Ring?  Wow!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, and a hard-working
fellow, at that.
But somehow it has become an endurance contest.  Late October in the cold
rain is no way to play a game designed for fair weather.
My baseball memories are of sitting in the warm sun looking out at the
emerald green field at Six Stadium in Rainier Valley.  Guy Fletcher is
warming up, going for win number 16, in a row.  Sammy White settles in
behind home plate.  Jojo White is managing.  Schuster the Rooster is
entertaining the kids down the Third Base Line.  Al Lyons, mister cool, is
slouching against the left field wall.  And in Center Field is Jungle Jim
Rivera.
My buddies and I are out on the left field bleachers, I'm munching on my
hotdog, holding a cup of orange drink, with a bag of peanuts between my
knees.  And in my pocket is a nickel to ride the bus home after the game.
Play Ball!!!

Carl Jarvis