[nfbwatlk] Los Angeles Festival of Books

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Apr 18 04:48:24 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The Reading Rights Coalition, led by the National Federation of the
Blind, is scheduled to participate in the Los Angeles Times Festival
of Books.  The coalition will have a table set up in one of the
festival's exhibit areas so that we may provide the reading and
publishing communities with information about our concerns regarding
the threatened "turning off" of text-to-speech in books available for
Amazon's Kindle 2 electronic reading device. The festival, the
largest book fair in the world, will take place on the campus of the
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />University of
California at Los Angeles from April 25-26.  If you would like to
help with our exhibit, please contact Ann-Marie Laney by calling
(410) 659-9314, extension 2219, or e-mail her at
<mailto:alaney at nfb.org>alaney at nfb.org.  Please join us in our
continuing efforts to ensure that everyone has access to e-books.