[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] mark in the news, lol.

Frye, Dan DFrye at nfb.org
Thu Aug 13 15:17:56 UTC 2009

This, in the forwarded message below, is the most ridiculous use of city
time and effort that I've ever heard of in a long while. I'm glad things
worked out for Mark, of course, but in an age where we're dealing with
all kinds of social and economic issues, what is the government doing
retrieving lost items (the product of an incidental accident that could
have happened to anyone) and why is the press covering this nonsense?
And while I am fairly attached to my cane, I hardly think of it as being
such a custom fit that its loss would be consequential. To Mark's
credit, he wasn't expecting that the cane would be recovered or that
this would attract conventional press attention, but our friend
certainly does manage to get covered in the press for the most amazing
reasons.

Exasperated,

***********************
Daniel B. Frye, J.D.
Associate Editor
The Braille Monitor
National Federation of the Blind
Office of the President
1800 Johnson Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Telephone: (410) 659-9314 Ext. 2208
Mobile: (410) 241-7006
Fax: (410) 685-5653
Email: DFrye at nfb.org
Web Address: www.nfb.org
"Voice of the Nation's Blind"
The Braille literacy crisis in America jeopardizes opportunities for
blind people throughout the country.
You can be part of the solution.