[nfbwatlk] Mayor-elect to host three town halls for the transitionFW: Fw: Scholarship opportunities

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:06:32 UTC 2009

Mayor-elect to host three town halls for the transition Mayor-elect McGinn
will be hosting three town halls during the transition. The town halls will
continue the mayor-elect's work to hear from community members and will be
an opportunity for members of the public to share ideas with the
mayor-elect.

NORTHGATE COMMUNITY CENTER
WHEN: 7pm, Monday, November 30th
WHERE: 10510 5th AVE. NE

LANGSTON HUGHES PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
WHEN: 7pm, Tuesday, December 1st
WHERE: 104 17th AVE S

PAUL ROBESON PERFORMING ARTS CENTER AT RAINIER BEACH HIGH SCHOOL
WHEN: 7pm, Wednesday, December 2nd
WHERE: : 8815 Seward Park Ave. S.

Share
November 16, 9:33 PM 0

Thank You, Seattle
The people of this city believe in Seattle.

They believe that when you come together and work on something, you can make
it better.

During our campaign, we went out and we spoke to people; we went out and we
listened to people. We talked to you about the future of the city we wanted.
We heard your concerns about having a good job, about having a good school
for our kids and about having a safe community.

We have more hard work to do. But no matter how big the obstacle, no matter
how difficult the challenge we face, I know that if you're willing to have
passion, if you're willing to work hard, if you're willing to listen, if
you're willing to care about each other, if you're willing to build a
community, we can shape a great future for Seattle.

Together, let us show that hard work. Let us show that passion, that belief
in community and let us build that city we believe in.

Thank you,

Mayor-Elect Mike McGinn

Share
November 15, 6:48 PM 2

Welcome to New.Seattle.Gov
I ran for mayor to change the way we do politics in this city. Our
transition is no different. We're open sourcing it to the community - so
that we get your best ideas, and so that you know what's going on in your
government. I have committed to making this the most transparent transition
Seattle has ever seen.

In this website we describe our vision, ask for your input and start the
conversation. We can only make Seattle great with the creativity and passion
of all our citizens.

- Mayor-elect Mike McGinn

The philosophy and process of the transition

Seattle Channel Video can be played in Flash Player 9 and up Share
New.Seattle.Gov Home Page Visit the official City of Seattle web site,
www.seattle.gov C 2009 New.Seattle.Gov - Entries (RSS) - Log in Powered by
WordPress