[nfbwatlk] FW: McGinn for Mayor weekly update, 12/7/09

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 23:57:58 UTC 2009

Hey everyone!

If you haven't already filled out the Google form for Organizing For Seattle
and you're interested in being a part of it, please go ahead and sign up now
at
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDU4SlNfQWtDUGpXdFhNSlgtRmhN
VUE6MA. If you have more questions about it, you have feedback you want to
offer, or you're not sure you want to join, I'd love to sit down and talk to
you. My schedule's going to be pretty busy for the next week and a half with
finals, but after December 17th I'll be making plenty of time for 1:1's
again; the structure of the organization as I now envision it comes entirely
from the conversations I've had with people from this list since the end of
the campaign, so if you want to talk to me I definitely want to hear from
you.

It looks like there's probably going to be a fairly large event that a lot
of those of you on this list would be interested in attending on January
9th, so the org meeting will most likely be happening Sunday, January 10th
instead...and as a reminder, starting January 4th I'll be using the OFS
roster for all ongoing communications instead of this list.

News/events for the week (as always, E-mail me with anything you want to see
in here next week):

1) The Sierra Club is having a volunteer thank-you party this Wednesday
night, December 9th at the Fremont
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=4272+Fremont+Av
e+N,+Seattle,+WA+98103&sll=47.660286,-122.349769&sspn=0.003562,0.009656&ie=U
TF8&msa=0&msid=102161393348242259204.000451b15782883d2260a&view=map&hq=&hnea
r=4272+Fremont+Ave+N,+Seattle,+King,+Washington+98103&z=16> Abbey from 6:00
to 9:00 for anyone who volunteered with the Club during the past election
cycle...which includes any of you who participated in one of our three
hugely successful joint lit drops during the campaign. RSVP to Sarah
Rasmussen at sarah.rasmussen at sierraclub.org if you'll be able to make it.

2) There are 3 spots open on the city's Pedestrian Advisory Board
<http://www.seattle.gov/spab/> ; for more information see
http://www.queenanneview.com/2009/12/01/3-spots-open-on-mayors-pedestrian-ad
visory-board/.

3) Applications for the city's Design
<http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/planning/design_review_program/Overview/> Review
Board are due this Thursday, December 10th; see the full press release at
http://www.seattlechannel.org/news/detail.asp?ID=10167
<http://www.seattlechannel.org/news/detail.asp?ID=10167&Dept=4> &Dept=4 for
more details. Both boards are great ways to make your voice heard if you're
passionate about pedestrian issues or the built environment, respectively.
If you want to know more about either one than what's on the website, let me
know.

That's it for this week--thanks again for all your help on the campaign, and
let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

-Sol
817-773-3716