[nfbwatlk] the psychology of advocacy

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Sat Jan 3 07:25:46 UTC 2009

Once again this semester, Paul will be teaching a course on the psychology
of advocacy. Although the course deals with a wide variety of topics, a
major portion will deal with the organized blind movement in Canada and the
U.S. I would be happy to send a copy of the syllabus for the course to
anyone who writes me off list. ()The document is quite long, since it
includes references to university policy on academic integrity and other
housekeeping details on missed exams, paper formatting, etc. Sending the
syllabus to individuals on request would be far easier and much better than
attempting to break the information up into several messages or editing it.
I think it's significant that our material is a large part of an upper level
university course for people who aren't specifically studying a
rehabilitation or blindness related curriculum.