[nfbwatlk] Reminder of Seattle Chapter Meeting

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:39:06 UTC 2009

Hello All,

This is to remind and invite you all to the NFBW Greater Seattle
Chapter monthly meeting. We will be meeting on January 17, 20009
(which is a Saturday) from 10:00am – noon. We meet at the downtown
YMCA, 909 4th St on the west side of the street. The YMCA is located
on 4th with the entrance door being closest to Marion St...

This month will be an interesting meeting. Not only will we have our
elections of officers and board members, but we will also be visited
by our affiliate President Mike Freeman. The theme of the meeting will
focus on Braille Literacy. I have a very interesting article that I
will be sharing with you all that talks about the blind and literacy
dating back to the 12th century. Didn't think things went back that
far now did you?

We will also ask our members to pay their dues for the year. The dues
for the chapter membership which also gives you membership in the
state and national affiliates is just $5. However, if you would like
to become a lifetime member, just bring a check made out to the NFBW
for $100 and you are set for life. Remember that only those members
who have paid their annual dues may vote or be elected into office for
the Seattle Chapter. Also, only those who have paid their dues may be
in the drawing for the $5 door prize at the end of the meeting.

We will also hear from Dr. Marc Maurer via the monthly presidential
release. Mike Freeman will give us a quick update on the state of the
affiliate. We will hear from Noel Nightingale about the Louis Braille
Coin efforts and Doug Johnson will give us a year in review of our
treasury. We will recap on our Holiday Party, Gift Wrapping efforts
and Louis Braille Celebration at the Barnes and Noble in downtown
Seattle.

We will have the Wine Tasting tickets available for distribution. The
date for our annual wine tasting is March 14, 2009. The costs of the
tickets are still $20 for non-members and $15 for members. The winery
is E. B. Foote winery and I am sure we will have a great time.
Finally, bring your favorite candy bar to the meeting. Don't eat it!
You won't want to miss out on this yummy part of our meeting. Bring a
friend and introduce them to the NFBW.

See you all on Saturday. If you have any questions or wish to get in
contact with me, just call me at 206-854-3025 or email me at
tishgifts at gmail.com.

Kris Lawrence
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter