[nfbwatlk] Convention Impressions

Don Mitchell donmi at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 05:07:47 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I really enjoyed the convention. I liked the hotel. I thought the food court
was a wonderful addition to make the convention affordable. I thought the
sessions, as always, were informative and inspirational.

I thought the elevators were a little inadequate for the size of our group.
The organization before the banquet went well, but afterwords  it was a
nightmare.

I was very prowd and pleased about our scholarship winner.

Losing one day sure seemed to make the convention short. It just flew by.

The march was grate. It did not seem as tightly organized as before but it
went well.

I love and respect our president Mark Maure, but I think he needs to get a
new formula for his banquet speeches. I don't feel  his talks have the depth
that Dr. Jernigan's did, but he is not Dr. Jernigan.

Over all I thought the whole thing was wonderful.

I danced for almost 3 hours straight on Monday night and had a good time.

Don Mitchell