[nfbwatlk] Bonnie and Clyde...

Mike Sivill mike.sivill at viewplus.com
Mon Jul 27 22:24:35 UTC 2009

Yet another illustration of how people attribute every little thing to
blindness.

Article: > But Cherie Cootes, 40, at the Meadow Green Dog Rescue centre in
Loddon,
> Norfolk, said Clyde would be lost without Bonnie and the dogs had to be
> re-homed together.
Me: not because they are very strongly bonded, because he is blind and
"would be lost"
Article: > "Clyde's going to have to have a more rural type of home purely
because of
> traffic.
Me: Are they scared he'll go in traffic? I say any dog shouldn't be placed
with an owner who will let him roam the neighborhood alone anyway.
> "We get them outside and on walks as much as possible because Clyde may be

> blind but Bonnie certainly isn't.
Me: Every dog needs to be walked, not just Bonnie.
I think it's a cute story but these people obviously lack the brains to help
this dog do for himself, which I know is possible from being in contact with
blind dogs. Sight is not the most important sense to a dog, smell is. If you
don't believe me check out www.blinddogs.com and see how other dogs are
coping. Thanks for letting me rant.
Mike