[nfbwatlk] FW: [MSS] Free OCR Software for Smartphones

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:35:39 UTC 2009

  _____

From: mss_mailing-bounces at codefactory.cat
[mailto:mss_mailing-bounces at codefactory.cat] On Behalf Of 3BlindMice
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:50 PM
To: Mobile Speak/Magnifier Smartphone Users List; John Coccovizzo;
ati at moblind.org
Subject: [MSS] Free OCR Software for Smartphones

Has anyone tried this?  Does anyone know if it is accessible?This looks
quite promising, but we want to point out that we are not aware of anybody
who has actually used it.
TopOCR - Free OCR Software for your Camera or Smartphone
Before you make the mistake of spending a lot of money on OCR software, you
should
try TopOCR! Our software is designed to be simple and user-friendly for use
with
your digital camera or smartphone. Now, wherever you go, you can quickly and
easily
acquire documents from business cards, newspapers, books and magazines, all
without
having to carry around a bulky notebook computer and scanner.
TopOCR's Advanced Features
Incredible OCR accuracy, upto 99.8% with a 3 MP camera
No page limits, and no extra downloads or components needed
Handles images with mixed text and graphics (Manual or Auto Zoning)
Tolerates skew and uneven lighting
Multiple text output formats, including searchable
PDF
 and
HTML
Able to read 11 different languages
Powerful, easy to use
Image Processing
 with
Image Dewarping
Supports Smartphones: See some
Smartphone samples
Includes built-in, full featured Text and Image WYSIWYG Editors
Post-processing spell checker for all 11 languages
Built-in
Text-To-Speech
 software. How about OCR to MP3?
Includes a built-in multi-lingual text translater
Supports a
Command Line Interface
 and a GUI
Make a high performance document
Search and Indexing
 system
Browser Helper Mode
 supports creating free audio eBooks
With TopOCR's
Web Engine
 it's easy to add new features
Announcing TopOCR Version 3.1
TopSoft is pleased to announce TopOCR Version 3.1. Our latest release is
able to
convert OCR text output to MP3 audio directly to your Portable Music Player.
TopOCR
makes it easy to use your camera as a mobile scanner to capture and OCR
documents.
For additional information visit the link below.
http://www.topocr.com/

Someone in your life loves candles and things that smell wonderful!  Or
maybe you do!
Visit my website at:
http://www.love4candles.com
and fill your homes with Sent-Sations.