[nfbwatlk] Ideas for membership & fund raising

Nfbnorthwest at aol.com Nfbnorthwest at aol.com
Thu May 21 06:24:35 UTC 2009

Hello:

I have been giving this subject some thought and consideration. I have some
 ideas on what we may be able to do on a chapter by chapter level in order
to  help to help our affiliate  overall in regards to the challenge of fund
raising and membership. Very challenging issues.

I will be doing some things over the summer as soon as I get my computer
repaired (hopefully next month); such as letter writing and just putting the
word out to such organizations in the Bellingham area such as Wallmart,
Target,  Marcy's, UPs,  Safeway, etc. and just asking about ways we can work
together in order to raise awareness about the NFB and raise money. In other
words testing the waters. I plan to go to the Lions as well. Perhaps if we
can  do this one community or person at a time maybe we can get further. And
the task  will not be so hard.

I was also thinking about having a picnic or BBQ over the summer with some
of the chapters chipping in for the expense so we can sponsor something fun
for  the students before they return to school in the fall. Maybe the CFB
would like  to join us on something for the students or anything else fun; as
always they  are most welcome!

If anyone has any suggestions for fun activities or anything or any
feedback please contact me. This is an ongoing work on process. I have been in
contact with Gary and Jedi and we are committed to bringing this affiliate
forward. Please be patent and post your suggestions.

Warmly:

Lisa A. Owen
Treasurer Officer

The Northwest Chapter