[nfbwatlk] Fund Raising & Membership

Nfbnorthwest at aol.com Nfbnorthwest at aol.com
Wed May 27 11:25:43 UTC 2009

This is my second posting. All of us should give this subject some thought
and some time. It's very important. Please let's have a dialogue about
this.

Thanks

Hello:

I have been giving this subject some thought and  consideration. I have
some
ideas on what we may be able to do on a chapter  by chapter level in order
to  help to help our affiliate  overall  in regards to the challenge of
fund
raising and membership. Very  challenging issues.

I will be doing some things over the summer as soon  as I get my computer
repaired (hopefully next month); such as letter  writing and just putting
the
word out to such organizations in the  Bellingham area such as Wallmart,
Target,  Marcy's, UPs,  Safeway,  etc. and just asking about ways we can
work
together in order to raise  awareness about the NFB and raise money. In
other
words testing the  waters. I plan to go to the Lions as well. Perhaps if we
can  do this  one community or person at a time maybe we can get further.
And
the  task  will not be so hard.

I was also thinking about having a  picnic or BBQ over the summer with some

of the chapters chipping in  for the expense so we can sponsor something
fun
for  the students  before they return to school in the fall. Maybe the CFB
would like  to  join us on something for the students or anything else fun;
as
always  they  are most welcome!

If anyone has any suggestions for fun  activities or anything or any
feedback please contact me. This is an  ongoing work on process. I have
been in
contact with Gary and Jedi and  we are committed to bringing this affiliate

forward. Please be patent  and post your suggestions.

Warmly:

Lisa A. Owen
Treasurer  Officer

The Northwest Chapter