[nfbwatlk] Opposing Freedom Scientific's signed Braille DriverInitiative

gloria fairyfoot at webband.com
Tue Oct 20 05:00:54 UTC 2009

Hurray for JAWS!

Gloria Whipple
Corresponding Secretary
nfb of Wa
Inland Empire chapter
cell phone: 509-475-4993

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 6:35 PM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] Opposing Freedom Scientific's signed Braille
DriverInitiative

With respect, I disagree with Jedi. I do not think System chccess to Go is
anywhere up to the standard set by JAWS and Window Eyes. Moreover, I
consider Mr. Calvo's marketing underhanded in putting out System Access to
Go when he is frank to admit that he's trying to suck people into buying the
full screen-reader System Access. I don't think it handles tables
spreadsheets and Word esoterica nearly as well as do JAWS and WE.

Nonetheless, it's a good option if one cannot afford anything else. But one
gets what one pays for!

Mike