[nfbwatlk] Your Peripetetic President

Fri Oct 23 14:22:31 UTC 2009

Mike,

Marching Together, and Walking Together.  Crossing bridges is much
preferable to burning them.  Nice job.  Hope we got publicity for the
effort.

  -----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:46 PM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Your Peripetetic President

Hello, all!

You haven't seen much of me on the list for a couple of days because I'm
using some of that "use or lose" leave time to attend the NFB of
California state convention.

Today, we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge for braille literacy.
Yes, I walked the whole way. The weather was absolutely beautiful with
very little wind (a first for the Golden Gate) and temps in the low
'70's and the sun shining. The fog burned off just before we started and
rolled in just after we left the bridge. Several dozen of us walked and
aside from a couple of broken canes due to bicycles that shared the ped
way with us, there were no problems.

Tomorrow are the division and committee meetings and the convention
proper starts Saturday.

As you see, I have email.

Take care, all.

Mike Freeman, President