[nfbwatlk] Fwd: Job Announcement Vending Program Director Oregon

by way of David Andrews <dandrews@visi.com> artds55 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 03:19:52 UTC 2009

Post Code:  D717
Announcement Number:   LEBL0903
Classification Number:   Z7002
Open:   09/9/2009
Close:   09/30/2009
Location:  Portland
Availability:  Full Time

PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE/MANAGER B
(PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE/MANAGER B (Business Enterprise Program Director))

$3,672 - $5,406 MONTHLY

To be considered for this vacancy you must apply
to announcement number LEBL0903.

INTRODUCTION

The mission of the Oregon Commission for the
Blind is to promote the full integration of blind
Oregonians into society through employment and
independent living.  The Business Enterprise
Program (BEP) offers legally blind Oregonians
opportunities to manage food service and vending
facilities in government buildings throughout
Oregon.  BEP’s purpose is to create employment
for blind persons who are referred to the program
by the rehabilitation staff of the agency.  There
are currently 25 facilities ranging from small dry-stands to large cafeterias.

The agency is seeking a Director of the
BEP.    The chosen candidate will be responsible
for the overall management, fiscal oversight and
administration of the program.

This position is management service and is not
represented by a union. This recruitment
announcement will be used to establish a list of
qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy.

SCOPE OF THE POSITION

The Business Enterprise Program Director oversees
all programmatic, administrative, financial and
federal reporting matters related to the program.  Specific duties include:

    * Provide support services for up to 25
business enterprise units operated by blind managers.
    * Develop staff competence to complete
program functions.  Conduct performance
appraisals, disciplinary actions and signing off on leave requests.
    * Provide fiscal oversight of program and
ensure all financial matters are handled appropriately.

    * Ensure appropriate training to qualified
clients entering the vending programs, including
interviewing and evaluation of potential managers.

    * Work with the Business Enterprise Consumer
Committee (BECC) to ensure their active
participation in major Administrative decisions
and policy and program decisions affecting the
overall administration       of the program.

    * Propose such rules and regulations as may
be required for the operation of the BE Program.

    * License and assign managers to units as they become available.

    * Make surveys of buildings or properties to
determine their suitability as locations for
vending facilities to be operated by blind persons.

    * Complete necessary contractual arrangements
for establishment and operations of vending
facilities with appropriate property management companies.

    * Arrange for the design, installation of
equipment, supplies, and initial stock for new or remodeled units.

    * Prepare reports as may be required on status of BE Program.

    * Ensure availability of in-service and
upward mobility training opportunities for facility managers.

    * Document contacts with BEP managers, public
representatives and private vendors utilizing the
BEP’s caseload management system.

    * Other duties as assigned.

QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor's or higher degree in Social Work/Human
Services/Business Administration or related field

AND

knowledge of the Randolph-Sheppard Act and
Regulations; Oregon Revised Statutes regarding
the BEP; and the BEP Rules and Regulations
(Handbook).  Knowledge of small business
operation with an emphasis on vending and food
service and management. Also, have knowledge of
blindness and be able to select, train and assist
legally blind individuals in successful management of their units.

OR

Bachelor's degree in a field not closely related
AND one year of human services related experience
working with business development initiatives for
legally blind or other underrepresented individuals.

AND

knowledge of the Randolph-Sheppard Act and
Regulations; Oregon Revised Statutes regarding
the BEP; and the BEP Rules and Regulations
(Handbook).  Knowledge of small business
operation with an emphasis on vending and food
service and management. Also, have knowledge of
blindness and be able to select, train and assist
legally blind individuals in successful management of their units.

SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO APPLY:

1) A completed Management Service Application
Form (located at the end of this announcement)

AND

2) A current resume.  Your resume must clearly
indicate that you meet the qualifications listed above.

AND

3) An Oregon Application form PD100 that can be
obtained from the following website:
<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/STJOBS/stjobsapplication.shtml#Standard_Application__PD100_>http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/STJOBS/stjobsapplication.shtml#Standard_Application__PD100_

AND

4) Answers to the following questions.  Please
limit your answers to half a page each.

    * Describe your experience managing a federal
or state program supporting business enterprise or blind individuals.

    * Describe your experience working with an
advisory body, such as the Business Enterprise
Consumer Committee or other such entities.  What
is your philosophy or approach if your agency’s
decisions are challenged by an advisory body?

    * Give two examples of instances you have
resolved or been unable to resolve conflict in the workplace.

You may deliver, mail, email or FAX your completed application to:

E-mail your application
to:  <mailto:recruitment.ocb at state.or.us>recruitment.ocb at state.or.us
Indicate announcement number LEBL0903 in the subject line.

Or mail your application to:
Oregon Commission for the Blind
535 SE 12th Ave.
Portland, OR 97214

Or

FAX your application to 971-673-1570

If you need assistance to participate in the
application process, you are encouraged to call
503-945-5698 (voice) or 503-945-6214 (TTY)
between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday.

Keep a copy of your application materials for
your job interviews. The Oregon Commission for
the Blind does not provide copies. Although
faxing your application is an option, the Oregon
Commission for the Blind is not responsible for
materials that are illegible or missing as a
result of FAX transmission errors or loss in the
mail or e-mail.  Due to the high volume of
incoming applications, we are unable to verify
receipt of applications.  The salary on all
announcements may change without notice.

Notice of your application results will be sent
to you by mail. Although agencies are not
required to delay their selection process, you
may request a review of your application results.
This review request must be received in writing
within 10 days from the date of the notice.
Although, additional application information
cannot be submitted for active applications, you
may submit a new application when you feel you
have new/updated qualification information.

If you are offered employment, the offer will be
contingent upon the outcome of a criminal
background and driving records check.  Any
history of criminal activity will be reviewed and
could result in the withdrawal of the offer or termination of employment.

WORKING CONDITIONS

Requires occasional lifting for short periods.

Frequent statewide travel is required. Some
out-of-state travel may be required.

You must have a valid driver's license and an
acceptable driving record. If not, you must be
able to provide an alternate method of transportation.

PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING US!

The Oregon Commission for the Blind offers an
array of benefits including medical, dental, and
life insurance, as well as paid holidays,
vacation and sick leave.  For additional
information, please refer to the following
website for
details:
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/OP/Benefits.shtml>http://oregon.gov/DAS/OP/Benefits.shtml.

The Oregon Commission for the Blind is committed
to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity and workplace diversity.

Oregon Commission for the Blind
MANAGEMENT SERVICE APPLICATION FORM

APPLICANT
NAME:

MAILING
ADDRESS:

EMPLOYEE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
(REQUIRED):   OR

HOME
PHONE:

WORK
PHONE:

E-MAIL:  ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

POSITION:  PEMB/Business Enterprise Program Director

I understand that any oral or written statement
that is false, fraudulent, or misleading in this
material, or made in the course of any related
employment process, whether made by me or by
others at my request, will result in rejection of
this material, denial of employment, or dismissal
from state service if discovered after
employment, and in many circumstances, prosecution for a crime.
I certify that all statements contained herein
are true and complete whether made by me or others at my request.
I understand that I must prove that I am
authorized to work in the United States if I am hired.
I authorize the employing agency to verify the
employment and education information provided in this material.
I authorize my driving record to be checked if
the position for which I am applying requires driving.
I understand and agree to a pre-employment drug
screening and a criminal history background check.

APPLICANT SIGNATURE:

DATE:

RECRUITMENT TRACKING INFORMATION
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Job Applied For:

Classification
Number:      ___________________
                   Announcement Number:

HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THIS POSITION?
  Newspaper (List Publication)
  State Jobs
Page
State Agency website
  Other website (List website)
  Employee
Referral
Friend

  Other:
VOLUNTARY INFORMATION
The information you provide below is voluntary.
Affirmative Action
The State of Oregon has an Affirmative Action
Policy.  If you choose to provide this
information, it will help us evaluate the
effectiveness of our affirmative action programs.
This will also be used for research and statistical purposes.

   Ethnic Background (check only one)
   (A)         Asian or Pacific
Islander:  Persons having origins in any of the
peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the
Indian subcontinent, or the Pacific
Islands.  This area includes, for example, China,
Japan, Korea, the Philippine Islands and Samoa.
   (B)         African American (not of Hispanic
origin):  Persons having origins in any of the black ethnic groups.
   (H)         Hispanic:  Persons having origins
in any of the Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban,
Central or South American or other Spanish cultures, regardless of ethnicity.
   (I)           Native American or Alaskan
Native:  Persons having origins in any of the
original peoples of North America, and who
maintain cultural identification through tribal
affiliation or community recognition.
   (W)        Caucasian (not of Hispanic origin):
Persons having origins in any of the original
peoples of Europe, North Africa or the Middle East.
Gender:                     MALE                     FEMALE
Disabled:                  YES                         NO
(Checking the “yes” box has no effect on an
employer's obligation to provide reasonable
accommodation under state and federal disability laws.)

ATTENTION:  Attach this page to your application
materials, even if you do not provide the voluntary information.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security,
version of virus signature database 4445 (20090921) __________