[nfbwatlk] Adult Braille Readers are Leaders

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Sep 30 22:34:16 UTC 2009

There is a new Braille Readers are Leaders contest for adults!  Anyone who is super slow like me want to form a team?

We know that the majority of gainfully employed blind adults use Braille daily, demonstrating that Braille readers are leaders! To promote the use of Braille in recreational reading among blind adults as a means to maintain and improve their skills, we have added the Braille Readers Are Leaders contest for adults. Braille-reading individuals 18 years of age or older who are no longer enrolled in compulsory educational programming in the USA and Canada are eligible to compete in the contest. Adults with various levels of experience reading Braille are welcome to join in the fun. Contestants will compete for cash prizes, national recognition, and bragging rights.

To add to the fun, participants of all ages will have the opportunity to form teams and compete for a special award. Gather your friends, show your team spirit, and read, read, read! For detailed information please visit www.nfb.org/bral<http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/R?i=JLC4DhniGsBRssgfcRlI1w..>.