[nfbwatlk] Is Anybody There?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 8 14:57:52 UTC 2010

Yeah. I think (and I know the union reps wouldn't stand for it) that, rather
than negotiating contract pay, the negotiated salaries should be the
*maximum*& salary players could receive and they should only receive that
salary, multiplied by the fraction of games their teams win over 162.
Playoffs and the Series would be negotiated separately and players would
only receive that pay if their teams got there.

If a player was traded, his salary would be the sum of fractions of the
teams winnning multiplied by his ultimate yearly salary.

Seems to me that would concentrate the minds of pitchers wonderfully and get
them to take seriously their jobs. And it might make most players practice a
bit more so that stupid errors would go down a bit.

And if *that* didn't work, we could pay hurlers only for strike-outs and
ground-outs. In other words, a premium would be placed on keeping the ball
down.

Yee haw!

Mike