[nfbwatlk] perhaps a new web-based transit column coming soon to a website near you

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:38:10 UTC 2010

you're a time genius so give me the worst-case time-wasting bus trips which
you or others regularly take.

If that bus were to be faster, what would it take to make it faster?

Lane improvements?  Reducing the stops?  Signal prioritization?
Transit-only lane?

Are there any transfers where changing one of the bus stops would make
catching another bus easier?  An example is the 22 stops across the street
from where the 54 intersects at 35th Ave. SW and SW Thistle Street.  If the
22 were to stop on the same side of the street as the 54 - they're both
going downtown - then more bus passengers would catch the 54 because the
timing is so tight that the stop light is often the reason one has to wait
another 30 minutes for the next bus.  And, the 54 from that intersection to
downtown is about half the time that the 22 takes.  This is a relevant
difference to a lot of people.

Any examples like that would be great - we're trying to put together some
real-world examples of why people's bus experience is not ideal and how easy
it would be to fix it.  And, we want to put this stuff on a revised
transitriders.org website so

Give me a 400 or 500 word time rant on Metro and make it like you're telling
me what's wrong and how to fix it at the same time - sort of the way you
talk.

chas

3903 SW Monroe St.

Seattle, WA 98136