[nfbwatlk] blind ministers

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 01:58:25 UTC 2010

Hi all, I am in search of people who are blind and who are either
active ministers or studying for ministry.  They do not have to
be within a specific denomination but I am working toward
ordained ministry within the Free Methodist Church.  I am already
finding that I will have some challenges.  Much of the Free
Methodist website is in stupid PDF.  We do have a MacBook, which
reads PDF, but I am sharing the Mac with my husband (who has
primary custody).  Lol.  I also learn more when I can read things
in Braille.  Unfortunately Humanware has not made the Apex to be
able to read PDF, unless there's something I don't know about.
 It's been twenty years since I've been in school.  Everything I
do will be through individual study, although I do believe there
is a two-week intense class that I may have to take.  I still
have to go through the process of being interviewed at the
Conference level, but was approved at the local level today.
Thanks for any suggestions folks might have.    Blessings,
Debby Phillips