[nfbwatlk] blind ministers

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Mon Aug 2 02:46:52 UTC 2010

Debby,

The National Federation of the blind has a division for people
interested in faith-based topics. Many of the division's members are
involved in ministry to some extent or other. I would suggest
contacting the division President by e-mailing Tom Anderson at
tanderson at cocenter.org.

As to accessing your materials, you're right that the BrailleNote
doesn't support pdf. However, you could turn those pdf documents into
text files using a pdf converter. Many pdf programs have built-in
converters which see text mark-up and use that mark-up to create your
text file. For those that don't have text mark-up built in, try putting
them through Nuance PDF Reader. Just do a Google search on it and you
should find what you're looking for. Your Apex can read text files as
well as Word documents, so try that and see where it gets you.

Good luck with your studies.

Respectfully,
Jedi