[nfbwatlk] Mike is right and more

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 19:46:16 UTC 2010

Hi Bob, I have some memories of those days, too.  I was at the
1978 convention, I believe.  I couldn't fit into the NFB mold
back then.  It affected me for a long time because I had this
image of what I should be like.  It took Jesus' healing to help
me get over it.  I also owe a huge thanks to Brian and Kim
Charlson, who just listened and didn't really give me advice,
just listened.  That image of NFB still lingers in people's
minds.  There were lots of mistakes and lots of turmoil back
then.  ACB met a need of people who still wanted to be part of an
"organized blind" group.  It reminds me of church splits.  We're
all aiming for the same place, but have different ways of getting
there.  Just some rambling thoughts as I ride down the road
toward Spokane.    Peace,    Debby PS Hey Robert, I think we had
a discussion about this on the bus between Portland and Vancouver
once.  I think I was rather indignant when you said that NFB
represented the blind and I said that you didn't represent me.
Lol.  Sorry for letting things escalate to that point.