[nfbwatlk] Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Dec 1 16:27:24 UTC 2010

From: Olson, Toby [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:36 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

From: Quinn, Roxanne [mailto:QuinnCR at aetna.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 9:53 AM
To: Olson, Toby
Cc: Sahlin, Kathryn M
Subject: Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

[cid:image001.gif at 01CABBA2.D90D1610]

Dear Toby

Thank you for helping us share information regarding employment opportunities at Aetna's office in Seattle.  At Aetna, we are committed to developing partnerships with local service organizations supporting Veterans and people with disabilities seeking employment.
We're looking for creative, dedicated people who are ready to make a difference in the working world. At Aetna, you'll find a richly diverse workforce comprised of some of the best and brightest employees in the health benefits industry.  Aetna employees are dedicated professionals who are committed to making a difference, every day.
Our positions are as diverse as our employees and include traditional "health benefits industry roles" such as underwriting, claims processing and customer service, as well as roles in areas such as nursing, pharmacy, marketing, human resources, and communications.

Why Aetna?
As one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, we offer a competitive benefits package to our employees. From medical plans and wellness programs, to life insurance and retirement resources, a wide range of options is available to help you achieve optimal health and financial well-being.  Additional information regarding Aetna Employee Benefits can be viewed at: http://www.aetna.com/working/benefits/index.html .

As a military/veteran-friendly employer, Aetna has been recognized by the Employer Support of the National Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense.  In 2007, ESGR awarded Aetna the 5-Star Award for going above and beyond laws relating to the employment and reemployment of workers who volunteer in the Guard and Reserve.  In addition, we have received local awards from ESGR for its support and encouragement of employee participation in the National Guard and Reserve and employees serving in the military.

Aetna has a number of nationally recognized policies, programs and practices that support the employment of people with disabilities.  These include providing reasonable accommodations that enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.  An individual with a disability or a manager may call Aetna's centralized Workplace Accommodation Unit (WAU) at any time to request an accommodation.  The WAU then works collaboratively with the individual, his/her health care provider, the manager and human resources to evaluate the need for accommodation, identify potential accommodations and where appropriate, facilitate its implementation.  As needed, WAU also will consult with other Aetna departments such as Human Factors Engineering, Ergonomics, and Facilities and work with outside vendors to identify and implement reasonable accommodations.

Outlined below are examples of accommodations that Aetna provides:
*         Phone improvements for volume control, hands-free operation, signal lights, etc.
*         Sign language interpretation services during interviews, meetings, training, and seminars
*         Teletypewriters, TDD's
*         Accessible water fountains, sinks and washroom facilities
*         Ramps and accessible entrances
*         Braille typewriters and input terminals
*         Electronic screen readers
*         Ergonomic evaluations and interventions
*         Information on health related issues
*         Flexible work schedules and work-at-home arrangements
*         Visual aides (software, magnification devices, larger terminal screens)
*         Job restructuring
*         Adaptive equipment (other than personal use items) to enable access, usability
*         Medical parking, assistance with transportation
*         Motorized and standard wheelchairs
*         TDD/TTY access to benefit information and systems help desk consultants
*         Transcripts and/or closed caption for company videos and online courses.

Aetna maintains an internal People with Disabilities website which provides employees and managers with resources such as assistive technology and information on subjects related to working with disabilities, including information on the following:

Aetna has employee resource groups, AetnAbilities and AetVets, which provide support to Veterans and people with disabilities.  The ERGs are open to employees, co-workers and managers who are supportive of Veterans and people with disabilities.  They are inclusive groups that provide a forum to raise awareness, break down barriers in the workplace and the community and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Where to find Aetna's Job Postings:
At Aetna, we have multiple job opportunities available ranging from professional careers to college internships and co-op programs.

Individuals who have interest in these areas can view information about careers at Aetna and search current job postings on our corporate website.  Access our Career Page at:

http://www.aetna.com/working/

We are working with Direct Employer's Association to send daily updates of postings to Career One Stop centers in the city where the positions are located.  New positions are posted daily in locations across the country.  We encourage individuals interested in relocation to refer to our corporate website for positions outside their local area.

How to Apply for an Open Position:
To be considered for an open position, applicants will need to apply thru our corporate website.  New users to the site will be prompted to create a profile including a section where they can copy/paste a current resume.  When they return to the site they will be able to login and view a list of positions to which they have submitted applications.

Please note that Aetna recently conducted a thorough review of its on-line application process to determine if the process presented any potential obstacles to external or internal job applicants with disabilities.  As a result of the review, Aetna initiated changes to the website layout to make it easier for individuals using screen reading technology.  (If an applicant with disability needs assistance in applying for a position, our website also includes a telephone number as well as a TTY number so they can contact Aetna directly.)

An Aetna Recruiter will receive the application and review the applicant's qualifications against the requirements of the position.  All applicants receive a communication as to the outcome of their application.

Contact us
We are interested in hearing about local recruiting events and information sessions where we can meet individuals who may be interested in working at Aetna.
We also welcome any questions you have regarding Job Postings and Careers at Aetna.
Contact:
Roxie Quinn
Program Associate
860-273-3895
QuinnCR at aetna.com

Katie Sahlin
Compliance Consultant
860-273-2760
SahlinK at aetna.com

We look forward to working with you to identify talented individuals for Aetna opportunities.

Aetna is an equal employment opportunity employer.  Aetna is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity within the context of the business to achieve their potential. Aetna provides for equal opportunity for qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately. Thank you. Aetna