[nfbwatlk] Who is in chair of the resolutions

Thu Jan 21 19:34:34 UTC 2010

On the issue of accessible ATMs,

I lobbied hard for an accessible ATM at my local Bank of America Branch.
I also contacted someone in California who was working with a legal
group to advocate for accessible ATMS, and she was working to coordinate
efforts on this issue.  Ultimately, we got the ATM near my house as an
accessible one.

Can't remember the person I communicated with, but might try to dredge
up that information.  I thin k she was in a law firm that helped ACB to
sue for accessible ATMs at one point.

b. P.

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Jedi
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:13 AM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] Who is in chair of the resolutions

Mike,

Perhaps you're right. Some Bank of America (as with other banks) ATMs
are accessible, and some banking web sites are more accessible than
others. I wonder if we couldn't write a resolution that encourages
national banks in general to provide access to blind customers in the
form of of accessible banking practices, accessible statements, ATMs,
and web sites. Most of this stuff fits into requirements set by ADA,
and such a resolution would fit nicely into others we've already
written for access to technology. What do you think about that?

Respectfully,
Jedi