[nfbwatlk] FW: This Thursday: Capitol-ize on a United Front for Transportation

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:24:28 UTC 2010

  _____

From: Jennifer Olegario [mailto:jennifer at transportationchoices.org]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 6:00 AM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: This Thursday: Capitol-ize on a United Front for Transportation

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L87QFNQHtkQlwqgqVAIuO
gY1reKGELlb> Transportation Action!

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

TRANSPORTATION ADVOCACY DAY: Sign in, show up and support more
transportation choices!

Join Transportation Choices Coalition and other progressive transportation
and environmental organizations such as the Cascade Bicycle Club, Bicycle
Alliance of Washington, Sierra Club, Futurewise, Feet First, WashPIRG, All
Aboard Washington, Uptown Alliance, and Washington Coalition for Promoting
Physical Activity as we head to Olympia to fight for more transportation
choices. With a short session and the state's budget crisis worsening,
expect the 2010 legislative session to be fast-paced and focused on filling
the $2.6 billion and growing hole in the state's operating budget. We'll be
lobbying our elected officials to save transit service in communities around
the state; for healthy and safe walkable and bikeable communities; and for
incentives that encourage driving less.

Update: Our top 3 legislative priorities -- "Transit Funding to Keep
Washington Moving" (HB 2855), "Complete Our Streets" (HB 2911) and
"Increased Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety" (HB 3001) -- will have a public
hearing during Transportation Advocacy Day.

WHEN: Thursday, January 28, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: United
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GGN6h1fQDQWYZwLe71C4O
wY1reKGELlb> Churches, 110 11th Avenue SE., Olympia 98501

REGISTER ONLINE at
http://www.transportationchoices.org/advocacydaysignup.asp
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gUWwglqQ62D4j2%2Bj4oS
AtAY1reKGELlb>

We'll give you the training and tips, set up your meetings with Legislators
and even organize a carpool to get you there!  Get your special
Transportation Advocacy Day Undriver's License too!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=R5H479MlAmpQ%2FaSo4n2
PLAY1reKGELlb> Register online for Transportation Advocacy Day and help make
a difference.

Jennifer Olegario
Development and Outreach Associate
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705
www.transportationchoices.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=X8Ozf67PUShTVlqhisY6V
gY1reKGELlb>

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kSHaKsafEFjTbWhbpgOHk
QY1reKGELlb> click here to unsubscribe. If you do not currently get our
email Action Alerts, please subscribe on our website
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QyZIi74iT4bqW2wBx1%2B
zgwY1reKGELlb> www.transportationchoices.org.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=138103432>