[nfbwatlk] Fwd: [Chapter-presidents] Help us to bring Mikaela home

Mike Mello mike at mello.com
Mon Jun 28 06:09:31 UTC 2010

Sugar & Spice

And Everything Nice

That is what little Girls Are Made Of

Erica and Blake, a young couple awaiting the birth of their first child with joy and happiness. BabyMikaela  was born at 12:45pm, May 21. Not unlike many new mothers Erica experienced some
difficulty in her first breast feeding ofMikaela, she called the nurse for some advise. By 6:00pm child protective services arrived at the hospital to say the parents could not takeMikaela  home, unless
they had a sighted person to live with them.

In all the investigations, blindness is the only reason sited for the parents not being allowed to leave with their new baby girl.

The Missouri affiliate has hired an attorney at $250 per hour, and her assistant at $85 per hour to bring Mikaela home where she belongs!

Please help with any donations possible to unite this family. You may stop by the Missouri table, B 114 in the exhibit hall, or come by our delegation.

We, the National Federation of the Blind can bring Mikaela home to her parents where she belongs! Thank you for any help you can give.

Michael J. Mello

mike at mello.com

(208) 301-0565