[nfbwatlk] FW: Organizing for Seattle is Supporting the Mayor's Walk Bike Ride Initiative

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 06:38:37 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone!

Couple of fun items of OFS interest.

1.	The Mayor is announcing a new initiative called "Walk Bike Ride" on
Tuesday and they need a lot of people to show up and show support.

2.	Some of you are movie stars!  A new movie is coming out called
Citizen Mayor about the mayoral election last fall.  Remember that?  We won!

Join Mayor McGinn for the announcement of the "Walk Bike Ride" Initiative.

When:    Tuesday, May 11th, 2pm

Where:   The Lander Festival Street (16th Ave South and South Lander Street,
next to Beacon Ave South in 98144). Extra points for getting there by Link
Light Rail, Metro (routes #60, #38, #36), biking, or walking!

What:     The mayor will introduce "Walk Bike Ride", the initiative to make
walking, biking, and riding transit the easiest ways to get around in
Seattle.

What's next: The mayor will host four forums in May/June on equity, public
health, and transportation.  This will be our opportunity to voice support
for funding the kind of transportation system we want and not wasting funds
on ridiculous capital projects that create more of the same mess we are in
now.

Citizen Mayor Trailer
You may remember a woman filming a lot during the McGinn for Mayor campaign.
Well she made a movie and the trailer is out.  Ahhhh the memories...
http://citizenmayor.org/

See you all Tuesday!

Ryan

--