[nfbwatlk] NFB of Washington 2010 Convention -- Election Results

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Oct 24 23:17:30 UTC 2010

Fellow Federationists and Friends:

WE just concluded a most successful 2010 NFB of Washington convention.  I shall leave it to others to summarize the convention and shall confine myself here to giving you the results of the election for officers, members of the NFB of Washington Board of Directors and the elections for National Convention Delegate, First Alternate Delegate and Second Alternate Delegate.  You will note several changes on the NFB of Washington Board of Directors.  The Board positions held by Les Fitzpatrick and Gary Mackenstadt, were not subject to election this year.  Here are the results. Elected were:

Michael Freeman (Vancouver), President
Bennet Prows (Kirkland), First Vice-president
Maria Bradford (Spokane) Second Vice-president
Donald Mitchell (Vancouver), Secretary
Douglas Johnson (Manchester), Treasurer
Michael Mello (Seattle), Board Member
Marcy Carpenter (Seattle), Board Member
Michael Freeman (Vancouver), Convention Delegate
Kaye Kipp (Vancouver), First Alternate Delegate
Noel Nightingale (Seattle), Second Alternate Delegate

Congratulations to the new Board members.  I am certain that they will bring fresh energy, enthusiasm and wisdom to the National Federation of the Blind of Washington during the coming year.

Michael Freeman, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington