[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Emergency Alert for Emergency Transit Funding

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 22:32:27 UTC 2011

 TCC banner
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/Fundraising%20template%20im
ages/Header.jpg>

	April 2011

 Transportation Action!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/sub%20banner%20copy.gif>

Emergency Alert for Emergency Transit Funding

 istockphoto <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/theo.jpg>

I just got word from our Policy Director Carrie Dolwick that the House may
take action on the emergency transit funding bill, Senate
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aJyWS5DCgboYk%2F44uWX
3hOritoTQUmQM> Bill 5457.

This bill, which has already passed the Senate Floor, needs to get out of
the House by early next week to stay alive. There is a strong possibility
the bill will move today or tomorrow, but we need your help to get it over
the finish line!

Senate
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=B7WnFNEK1nkQWVheUlFjH
eritoTQUmQM> Bill 5457 would give emergency funding to King County Metro to
help the stave off cuts equivalent in size to all of Metro's service in East
King County. The legislature can not let this happen in the most transit
supportive county in Washington.

CLICK
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uO53kYh8KUbaEJxtZSPOI
oQ4wKXbkvtA> HERE to tell your State Representative to pass Senate Bill
5457, the emergency transit funding act. Because as a community we demand an
alternative to Metro's draconian cuts. Our transit riders and community as a
whole can't afford a reduction of 600,000 service hours at King County
Metro.

Thank you for all that you do,

Andrew Austin
Field Director,
Transportation Choices Coalition

P.S.-Don't forget to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ljaXA%2Bazbrz%2BihIGg
3wi5eritoTQUmQM> CLICK HERE to help us pass the emergency transit funding
bill.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=X9Z1c58G7HrFZc%2FmNu4
NvOritoTQUmQM> Find Us on Facebook

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IadppiyKBsONpjrPzcg5t
OritoTQUmQM> Subscribe to Action Alerts

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition,please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gqiJavqqFEVjiI%2B0gmV
iyuritoTQUmQM> unsubscribe here. If you do not currently get our email
Action Alerts,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8EisduvYRT%2FijyItJTF
UdOritoTQUmQM> please sign up here.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wxe86lHkZH68NbYBInWCl