[nfbwatlk] FW: Upcoming Microsoft User Research Study - 24093

Shaun Kane skane at uw.edu
Mon Jan 17 02:01:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd just like to mention that I'm involved with this research study
and will be one of the people coordinating the study. Some of you may
have interacted with me via my research at the University of
Washington. This study is a collaboration between UW and Microsoft,
and we're very excited that Microsoft is beginning to take interest in
this issue.

If you have any questions about the research, feel free to contact me
by email or by phone at 206-923-8306. I'm happy to answer any
questions you might have about the research itself. However, if you'd
like to schedule a time to be in the study, please respond directly to
Microsoft using the info in the original message, as they're
coordinating the actual study visits.

Also, please note that we are looking primarily for screen reader
users at this time -- I realize that "no vision" may be an unclear
term, so I wanted to clarify that. It's not our intent to exclude
anyone, but the technologies we are testing are most similar to a PC
screen reader, and so we need to work with folks who are familiar with
screen readers. Ideally we'll be able to include a wider range of
people in our future research.

Cheers,
Shaun

PS: I cross-posted this message to wcb-l. Sorry if you got it twice!

----
Shaun K Kane
PhD Candidate
The Information School