[nfbwatlk] Service animals article out of Portland

Kaye Kipp kkipp123 at msn.com
Thu Jan 20 20:48:49 UTC 2011

It's my opinion that a service animal ought to have some identifiable proof
that it's a service animal.  It's too easy for anyone to just bring a pet
whatever onto public transportation or into a public facility and call it a
service animal.  And then if the animal causes harm or misbehaves, it makes
it hard for the legitimate service animal owner.

As for the guide horse, I can't picture it.  I guess when dogs were first
used for guiding, people were skeptical, so I suppose anything's possible,
but frankly, it doesn't seem very practical, and I sure don't think I'd take
one on a bus or into a restaurant.

Kaye