[nfbwatlk] FW: [rehab] Final call: Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Jul 22 17:12:42 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: rehab-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:rehab-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Edward Bell
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 10:05 AM
To: Rehab Mailing list; NOMC mailing list
Subject: [rehab] Final call: Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey

Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey

This will serve as a final invitation to ask you for your consideration in taking part in the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey.

To date, we have obtained usable data on more than 800 individuals who are blind or visually impaired, making this project already one of the largest field studies of blind persons that has been conducted in the United States in recent memory. However, this is not enough. For the data to be meaningful, we are shooting for at least 2,000 individuals to complete the survey. Only through having robust numbers of individuals who are employed, unemployed, retired, or those seeking employment can we draw meaningful conclusions about the rehabilitation and education systems in our country. This means that if you meet the criteria and have not yet participated, we need you!!

This survey is intended for adults who are blind or visually impaired, and who are of employment age. The purpose of the survey is to gain some information about your experiences with Vocational Rehabilitation, adjustment to blindness training, education, and employment. If you are legally blind or significantly visually impaired, and if you are of employment age (at least 18 years old), you are invited to complete this survey.

For your convenience, we have two options for you to participate. They are:

1. Click on the following link and you can complete the questions online. www.pdrib.com/ares

2. If you prefer, you can contact our office and someone will take your responses over the phone. You can call 318-257-4554, or e-mail dseilhan at latech.edu to make these arrangements.

If you have already completed the survey, thank you. Please also be sure to forward this onto your friends and social networking groups  as well because we are looking for a complete cross-section of society-every voice of a blind/visually impaired  person counts.

You cam complete this survey in under ten minutes. We cannot thank you enough for your time and attention to our work. For those who do participate in this survey, you will be entered into a drawing where 5 individuals will win a $100 VISA gift card. So, take ten minutes to share your experiences with us and get a chance to win!