[nfbwatlk] FW: June 2011 Pro-Tactile E-News

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Jun 21 23:22:20 UTC 2011

From: Jackie Engler-Morris [mailto:jengler at seattledbsc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:13 PM
To: jengler at seattledbsc.org
Subject: June 2011 Pro-Tactile E-News

Deaf-Blind Service Center
[cid:015540723 at 21062011-14FA]
June 2011

DBSC & WSDBC Potluck Picnic
When:            Saturday, July 30, 2011
Time:             10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Where:          The Park on the Lid, (Area A)
7200 Southeast 22nd Street
Mercer Island, WA  98040

Cost:
$10 without food
FREE if you bring food
FREE for Working SSPs

WSDBC & DBSC will provide:
Main course and drinks
(Vegetarian options will be included)

Please bring your Potluck item according to last name below:

A - F                                          Chips and Dips
G - M                                         Hot Dishes
N - T                                         Salads
U - Z                                          Desserts

Deadline for SSP/RIDE:  July 16, 2010
Contact Ray Swicker at:
206-726-1950 TTY or
Email:  ssp at seattledbsc.org<mailto:ssp at seattledbsc.org>
(Note: when emailing Ray, please use "WSDBC & DBSC Picnic" in subject line.)

Any questions, contact Picnic Chairman Benjamin Belisle, bjbelisle at gmail.com<mailto:bjbelisle at gmail.com>

Come over and enjoy our picnic!!! FUN!!!

See more details including driving directions to the park in DBSC's Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=178776372176116>.

DBSC welcomes new board member!

(Editor's note: This announcement is from Michelle Miles, President of DBSC Board of Directors.)

The DBSC Board of Directors would like to welcome Janie McDermott as our newest board member!!  If you see Janie, be sure to congratulate her on her new position!!

We have additional openings on the board if you are interested send us an email at board at seattledbsc.org<mailto:board at seattledbsc.org>

2011 Jail N Bail update

(Editor's note: This article was written by Michelle Miles, chairperson of Jail N Bail.)

What a phenomenal success Jail N Bail was this year!!  We raised over $14,700!!  DBSC couldn't have done it without all the hard work of our prisoners and volunteers.

Jason Smith and Karen Carlson are the two top prisoners this year in terms of how much bail they each raised!!  Their begging....I mean requests of donation to go towards their bail brought them over the top!!

[cid:015540723 at 21062011-1501]

Judge Jorge Aristizbal (left), Tami Berk (center), one of the

loudest prisoners being released with her lawyer,

Angela Theriault (right).

We held the event in a new location this year, St.  Patrick's church, a very DB friendly facility, and it worked out great!!  Each year this event keeps getting bigger! This year we even had virtual prisoners, Allison Holder joined us via Skype in Arizona and Sandra Blevins worked hard on her bail from Sweden! They are only a couple of virtual prisoners we had many more!! Char Whitacre decided she would fly up from California to turn herself in! What a trooper!!!

[cid:015540723 at 21062011-1508]

>From left to right: Probation Officer  Jackie Engler- Morris,

Judge Brian Schnebele, Jailbird Roy Rios, Lawyer Caryn Tenin

And DBSC Policewoman. Roy being released from the jail!

Thank you again to each and every person that helped out behind the scenes, the day of the event and stuck around to help us clean up! This is truly a DB community fundraiser since it takes the entire community to make it a success!!

[cid:015540723 at 21062011-150F]

Prisoner Maxine Schnebele with her lawyer, Caryn Tenin

talking to the judge (not pictured).

DBSC Closure on Fourth of July
DBSC will be closed on Monday, July 4. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend! :)

Donate to DBSC
If you would like to donate DBSC's programs & services, you can donate on our DBSC website! Click here<http://seattledbsc.org/visualweb/donatevis.html>.

[cid:015540723 at 21062011-1516]
SEATTLE

Deaf-Blind Service Center
1620 18th Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, Washington 98122
(206) 323-9178 TTY
(206) 455-7932 VP
(866) 238-8216 VP for Video Relay Service
info at seattledbsc.org<mailto:info at seattledbsc.org>
www.seattledbsc.org<http://www.seattledbsc.org/>