[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: DATE CORRECTION April Friday Forum, Transit Funding in a Divided Congress & What it Means to You

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:59:47 UTC 2011

 TCC banner
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/Fundraising%20template%20im
ages/Header.jpg>

 	 March 2011

 Transportation Action!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/sub-banner-event.jpg>

APRIL FRIDAY FORUM:Transit Funding in a Divided Congress & What it Means to
You

A few weeks ago we sent out
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lAtsqHdKdxRREhku7Sln%
2Bmcb8mJPXQy0>
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bWxaC0Au8qAZdjVErTAhm
mcb8mJPXQy0> an action alert to asking you to help us save King County
Metro's Rapid Ride from drastic funding cuts proposed by the House
Republicans in Congress.

Next week we will be bringing you an all star panel to give you all of the
information you need on what is going on with transit and transportation
funding in Congress.  Will the House Republicans, Senate Democrats, and the
President be able to agree on a compromise transportation funding bill? Will
the House majoirty follow through on their plan to slash New Starts funding
and defund Rapid Ride and other important regional projects? With gas prices
and demand for transit climbing, how will Congress respond?

Looking into the crystal ball isn't easy, but with these rock star
panelists, we'll give it our best shot.  As always feel free to bring your
lunch and there will be plenty of time for Q and A!

Speakers:

Sheila Babb, Deputy State Director for U.S. Senator Patty Murray
Larry Ehl, Federal Relation Manager, WSDOT
Ron Posthuma, Deputy Director, King County DOT

WHAT: Federal Transportation Funding Update & Its Impact on YOU
WHEN: Friday APRIL 1st, 12:00 -1:30 pm
WHERE: Seattle-King County Public Health - Chinook Building, Room 121, 401
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rhvNqnaHAGr9tYRLd2Z%2
BSucLsi%2FXnrMU> Fifth Ave.,Seattle
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8kMpm6M3wVbvr1hsbxqoC
2cb8mJPXQy0>
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gx%2FZRn8UXYCIipkHrKc
VgWcb8mJPXQy0>

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ikVJFFGecDn0J5%2F%2BR
1s5Emcb8mJPXQy0>

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Miqkkg7OYqBA2w07D2uFJ
mcb8mJPXQy0>

THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS OF THE FRIDAY FORUM SERIES

PLATINUM
AECOM
CH2MHill
Vulcan

GOLD
The Boeing Company
HDR Inc.
Parametrix
Parsons Brinckerhoff
Seattle Children's Hospital
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
UW Transportation Services

SILVER
HNTB Corporation
Wilbur Smith Associates

Cheers!
Andrew Austin
Field Director
Transportation Choices Coalition

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iypuHbd5cG5ik2o5gzErS
mcb8mJPXQy0> Find Us on Facebook
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZQJWmOkAZcn%2F4liVWbY
SH2cb8mJPXQy0> Subscribe to Action Alerts

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition,please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=amqQf4Ez04PFUEt7Zh5e9
ucLsi%2FXnrMU> unsubscribe here. If you do not currently get our email
Action Alerts,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=j0XOlPJugYVZ5JI1U%2F1
obmcb8mJPXQy0> please sign up here.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BAvfUdZ7Hn6hNev15Nq