[nfbwatlk] FW: NBP-Announce: Graduation Gift Ideas from NBP!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 22:14:58 UTC 2011

Terrific Graduation Gift Ideas!

YOUNGER GRADS

"Oh, The Places You'll Go!"
$17.00, print/braille picture book
Our most popular graduation gift, courtesy of Dr. Seuss!
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/PLACES.html

"Of Thee I Sing"
$17.99, print/braille picture book
President Obama's first children's book is a moving tribute to thirteen
inspirational, groundbreaking Americans, including Jackie Robinson, Billie
Holiday, George Washington.
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/THEESING.html

OUTGOING GRADS

"Sites Unseen: Traveling the World without Sight"
$19.95, in braille, eBraille, DAISY text-to-speech audio, and accessible PDF
Give someone the world and how to navigate it. Wendy David covers every
aspect of traveling independently as a blind person by plane, train, boat...
camel?
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/TRAVEL.html

"Internet Your Way to a New Job"
$10.95, in braille or eBraille
Teaches a grad how to use social networking sites to find a job.
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/JOBONLINE.html

ASTUTE GRADS

"Monday Morning Quotations"
$9.00, in spiral-bound braille
Fifty-two unique quotations - one for each week - from folks as varied as
Babe Ruth, the Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, and Oscar Wilde!
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/QUOTES2011.html

"Tao Te Ching"
$10.95, in braille (1 vol.)
Powerful poems that distill centuries of wisdom.
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/TAO.html

Syndicated Columnists Weekly
$24 for 52 issues
Provocative editorial columns from major newspapers. (Subscriptions make
great gifts!) http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/SCW-1YR.html

Our Special Magazine
$15 for six issues
Written and edited especially for blind women covering career issues,
fashion, parenting, cooking, handicrafts, travel, fiction, and health.
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/OS.html

DECORATIVE MAGNETS
Slip an inspirational print/braille magnet into a graduation card!
$4.95 each (with free shipping)

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MAG-GANDHI.html

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MAG-ROOSE.html

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to
what lies within us." - Emerson http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MAG-EMERSON.html

"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know
they're always there!" - Old Saying"
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MAG-STARS.html

CELEBRATING BRAILLE

Braille "Love" pendants
Dark copper, 1.25" x .25" pendant on a 16-inch waxed cotton cord: $25 plus
shipping http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/PENDANT-LOVE.html
Bright copper, 1.25" x .25" pendant on 20-inch bright solid copper ball
chain:  $32 plus shipping
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/PENDANT-LOVE-BRIGHT.html

"Braille Opens Doors" keychain: $5.00
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/LB-KEY.html

Louis Braille note cards
$7.99, (10 4.25" x 5" cards & envelopes in a sturdy box)
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/LB-NOTE.html

******
To order, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302 Or call and charge it:
toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520. Or order any of our
books online at http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .